**There are some changes to yard waste in Broome County this year so please take a moment to read this before the first pickup this year.
Yard waste will now be on Fridays instead of Mondays in the Vestal and Town of Binghamton areas we do. It will run May 1st, 2015 to October 30th.
You must sign up for pickup so please call us beforehand. You can sign up by the month or by the season. Customers will be placed on a route list so no stickers are required, however material must be out in a hard sided plastic container or garbage can. The weight of the container can be no bigger than 30 lbs. Yardwaste will not be picked up in bags or cardboard boxes.
Here are the details:
- Yard waste season runs from the beginning of May until the end of October, and pickups are on FRIDAYS ONLY. (Yard waste WILL be picked up on all holidays during the yard waste season).
- Weekly trash service does not cover the cost of yard waste pickup. The price is as follows: Monthly cost is $23. Good up to four cans of yard waste per week.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LEAVES will be picked up! We take grass clippings, twigs under an inch in diameter, weeds, pine cones and needles, fruits, and vegetables ONLY!
- If you have larger branches or large amounts of leaves, please contact your Highway Dept. to ask about any scheduled pickups.
- They will not come back for yard waste left. Please hold for the following week.
**There will be no changes in Tioga County Yard waste pickup from last year. Yard waste must be out the same day as the trash pick up in your area and must be in a bag or container. Each container must have a sticker on it. These cover around 50lbs or one container and available in our office or on line at our website.